Our Advanced Care Team
We strive to provide our patients with high-quality, coordinated care specific to their own individual needs and circumstances. To do this, Coastal Primary Health Specialists utilizes an Advanced Care Team model. Advanced Care team members support the Primary Care Provider (PCP) in efforts to deliver effective patient-centered care.
Our Advanced Care Team members are:
-Pammela, FNP-C and Health Coach – Pammela is the owner and provider of Coastal Primary Health Specialists. Pammela supports patients so that they can gain the knowledge, skills, tools, and confidence to become active participants in their care, and reach their self-identified health goals.
-Jessica, CMA and Care Coordinator – Jessica assists our patients with complicated health and/or medical situations in identifying their goals, needs, and resources, and a plan to meet those goals in the most effective way possible.
-Mary – Phlebotomist
-Caj – Office Manager
Coastal Primary Health Specialists is a currently recognized Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) with the National Committee on Quality Assurance. What does this mean for our patients?
As a Patient Centered Medical Home, your primary care team is focused on getting to know you and earning your trust. Your team puts YOU at the center of your care to ensure that decisions respect your wants, needs, and preferences, while making sure that you have the information and support needed to make decisions and participate in your own care. We provide evidence-based care to ensure we respond effectively to your health condition.
A PCMH is a place where you:
· Are respected as an individual
· Set health goals
· Get questions answered
· Can choose your provider
· Get explanations of disease process, and medicines, and treatment
· Have the help of a Care Coordinator ensure your care needs are met
· Can have Specialist referrals arranged
· Have access to your provider 24 hours a day
We ask that you:
· Share your medical history and medication information accurately
· Tell us about other providers of your medical care
· Respect us as partners in your care
· Understand your treatment goals before leaving your visit
· Provide us with feedback
· Learn what your insurance covers
· Pay your share of the office visit at the time of service